Sunday, April 15, 2007

#7 - Friendship

Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.
Proverbs 18:24




On Saturday night I went to the Blues vs Sharks Super 14 game at North Harbour Stadium.



It was honestly one of the best nights I've had in ages.
Even though the Blues almost got slaughtered at still lost by 7 points, the t
hing that maybe made the night for me was my mates who I got to hang out with that night.

I heard this quote once, I don't know how theological or exceptionally wise it may be but it says

"So much of your destiny / future is unlocked through other people."



It is awesome to know that we don't go through life, at times flippen awesome and others incredibly hard, on our own.



There are often people around us who are there to bring us back down to earth, spur us on, encourage us, give us the chance to vent our thoughts / frustrations and even just chucking in those few words that make our week.


The give us the ability to do what we sometimes can't do on our own -


Enjoy life.


Its often easy (for me anyway) to be mixed up with many things going on around us that we can lose sight of perspective or where we're headed and its at these times that our friends can give us the chance to release the burden.



If you're thinking you currently don't have the friends that you really want or need, try being the kind of friend you want to other people -
what you sow you reap.


Think about it.


Catch you on the flipside.


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Well buddy, even though I wasn't at the Blues game (had a 21st to go to) I hope I still mke it on your top friends list chart lol! Must catch up soon, you are one of those friends nobody could ever replace!