Thursday, June 7, 2007

For such a time as this...

I believe God has an awesome plan for each of our lives.

Life was never intended to be something we just use up through work hours, worry and sleep.

As someone once said "Life is your coin, you can only spend it once". When Jesus said in John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life and life to the full", he wasn't meaning half empty or half full - but overflowing the cup.

God is into overflow. He loves to take what we have, combine it with EVERYTHING He has, and expand it into something we could have never even dreamed of.

After an incredible sermon preached today by a fellow Bible College student, I was inspired to think more about why I am here today. Why was I born in this generation? Why did God choose to create me now instead of last century or 100 years in the future from now?

After another sermon around the same topic (haha looks like God might be trying to tell me something), at our youth camp last weekend I was sucked into a old school Bible story.

It was on the life of Esther, the Queen who was previously an orphan with little confidence and personal vision.

The thing that hit me about her story was a verse in Esther 4:14 which says: For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

Her choice whether or not to stand and defend her nation determined not only the lives of her family and friends, but the future of an entire nation.

FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS.

What is it about your life that made God create you for such a time as this?

It's not something that should cause you to shudder in insecurity or fear of whether or not you can accomplish what God planned for you - God will take care of that part.

What we need to decide is whether we'll say yes.

Whether we'll say yes to what it costs.

Whether we'll say yes to the things God asks of us (whether they be small or big).

Whether we'll make the choice to stand in the gap for both the lives of our friends, family.... and our nation.


I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Brother Rob said...

In some respects I see the reason why God 'begot' me in "such a time as this" is so that I can be a prophet within the Church. This is something that is especially needed today when Christian's quote half a verse out of context and think that they can get some sort of deep meaningful exposition from it. But yeah, the Church, in general, is very divided and, for the most part, more uneducated than it should/could be. So I pray that, with the help of God (and Apostle Paul), I can be of some assistance to the situation - if only a voice.